factory) began producing radios in 1917/1918 and the sets were for
military use only. The
radio manufacturing for non-military purpose began in 1923 and, at
that time, were branded Tungsram. The radio products from '23 until
the mid-30’s were built under Telefunken licence.
restarted product telecommunication material for military purpose.
At the same time, a lot of radios for civilian use were made
which were branded TERTA.
In 1964 the entire
radio production was transferred into the Videoton factory in Székesfehérvár (Hungary) allowing Telefongyár
a greater development in other areas most technologically advanced.
the following years Telefongyár dedicated to the production of remote data
transmission / remote data processing systems.
In 1992, after the “change of system”, the company was privatized by